Tuesday, January 10, 2012

With a new year comes new adventures...

It is now 2012! Ok, I know I am a little late in blogging about the new year, but there's been a lot going on for me!

The year has begun a way I didn't want to happen, but have been planning for about 5 years now. My parents have officially put their house on the market and will be moving to Florida about the middle of April. They have had this plan for about 5 years, but since we talked about it so much and nothing ever happened, I never thought it would. Boy was I wrong!

On January 2nd, the for sale sign went up in their yard and they had A LOT of interest. With that interest came offers, 3 of them to be exact. My parents have settled on one and so now we are waiting to see how the inspection and appraisal and soon they'll be out of my childhood home.


I know I shouldn't be sad about this, but I've only ever lived there, well except for my home now, and so it is a very bittersweet moment seeing my house go to someone else. So here is a small tour of my childhood home, which won't be mine soon...
The front and back yards, which my dad loves more than me sometimes!


Once inside, the living room has been updated but I still walk in and think of me learning to crawl and then dancing throughout the living room with friends.


The kitchen has always been a happy place for me, especially remembering the wine/champagne that was popped on to the ceiling and never came off. Many coats of paint later, its only slightly visible but still makes me giggle!


The saddest part of leaving is seeing my room so empty! Of course, all the stuff that was there has now moved into my house, but its still sad going over and seeing a huge empty room...


So if everything goes according to plan, my parents will be closing on February 15th and starting the next chapter of their life! Ok, well there's a mini chapter in between the 2 actually because they're moving in with me until they finish their business here. Still, changes are a coming and they're looking pretty awesome for 2012!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tour of your parents house, Lindsay. I can understand why you are sad about it going to a new family. You are really lucky to have all those sweet memories of growing up in one home! I think I lived in at least 10 different houses growing up. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deb! It is hard to see it all now. But I am trying to think of all the awesome memories that will be in their new house in Florida!

    ReplyDelete