Monday, December 19, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up (the first edition!)

Every Sunday night or Monday I am going to try and do a wrap-up of my weekend and all the fun things that I got up to.

This weekend was a particularly busy weekend for me. I hung out with my bff Carrie on Friday night and stayed up a bit too late so waking up bright and early on Saturday morning was a chore. But the painter came and finished painting my stair well so my house is done! (full post on my house coming soon...) Once I got her situated then I headed to my friend Suzy's and we had a super fun day! We went to Caswell's Shooting Range and I shot a 9mm gun, which was so thrilling!





I will for sure be going back there. It was such a rush and it almost made me feel manly powerful.

After that we went to lunch at Red Robin and then headed back to her house to start baking! We started off my making 3 loaves of pumpkin bread. We then moved to making some cinnamon sugar oven roasted almonds and finished the afternoon up with some lemon cupcakes with blackberry cream cheese frosting. So far I have gotten amazing reviews of all of these and I can't wait to bake more!


I was so tired after the long day that I headed home and went straight to bed. Sunday was my dad's birthday and so I spent the day with my parents. We had a great homemade turkey bolognese and my dad had a special request for sour cream cookies. I have been making these since I was very young and they're always a Christmas tradition but I hadn't made them in a few years. I will now be making them periodically through the year though as they're so yummy and easy to make! If interested I can post the recipe. :)



So that's the weekend wrap-up!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You took pictures of your outing and posted them! Your treats were yummy and you definitely have to post the sour cream cookie recipe!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute blog, Lindsay! I want to see some house pictures!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete